Friday 20 December 2013

lost great granny to be Betty tonight....

I just typed a WHOLE shebang and deleted it, stupid 2.30 am brain...


so....Betty was very very lovely. When she was at school she got expelled or suspended for throwing stink bombs, she was full of mischief. That makes her UBER cool in my eyes...She also used to sneak out in makeup! I first met her shortly before she lost her husband Keith who was one of the kindest looking Men I've met, they were so welcoming and Keith picked up on the fact I was terrified of playing cards as a) am USELESS at cards and b) very dyslexic, so we played together...this was so nice of him and made me feel really at ease. I only got to meet Keith the once but I will never forget that meeting. It gives me great comfort to imagine Betty and Keith together now again (at least I HOPE thats what happens hubby and I were just wondering this in bed having a cuddle right now) In fact Betty's dog Tarky died about 2 weeks ago so he will be pretty pleased to see her too, I like to think of him not blind and deaf and one eyed but a sprightly (maybe still fat lol) dog with a sprightly Betty and Keith saying "come on chaps throw me a ball, lets go for a walk on the beach...how EXCITING to all be together again" I like that Betty got to know and also understand eventually our surrogacy and she was very excited about it, in the months recently she cheered ALOT when I rung her and Bella was mentioned, She liked that alot B was due about her birthday. B was to have been her 18th great grandchild!!!! I also like to think B has a right "team of angels" now looking out for her including my daddy....
there NEVER is a good time to lose someone but it is sad it is christmas for hubby's mum sake but I'm hoping B will act as a balm this xmas as she is viable and the hospital confirmed tonight they will try to save her life if she comes from xmas eve. And also the new year brings new life and whilst we will all remember Betty of course Bella is due smack about Betty's birthday.... She was 96, kept all her marbles, and 2 of her daughters were with her...so very peaceful. Hubby's mums twin did a family tree recently and its amazing how many people came from B and K!!!


 Betty and Keith with Digby and Baby hubby

Betty, M's mummy and baby M



Betty and Paul M's Brother and M.....LOVE this pic




No comments:

Post a Comment