Wednesday 12 February 2014

"You can take the girl out of Essex...."

But not the Essex out of the girl....Ok from a beauty perspective I am mainly VERY low maintenance.....Ok I now have to dye my grey stragglers on my head and get the hair chopped every few months and I get a bikini wax, paint my toes for holidays and parties but thats about it...I don't get facials or manicures, I don't really ever wear makeup unless its a party and scrag my wet hair back into a bun.I wouldn't dream of botox or collagen...I used to love sunbeds  but haven't been on one in over a yr. My skin is definitely suffering from sunbeds from the age of 17-34, and no real beauty routine. I don't like the feeling of cream on my skin...however something has changed in the last few weeks! Along with "nesting" I have fully started  quite by accident "operation yummy mummy" and finally succumbed to my essex roots at the grand old age of 34 and 3/4. So last week I had my first spray tan, I was climbing the walls to wash it off but after 6 hrs I was pretty golden...this is not something I could face as per the norm but for special occasions I will 100% be having one. Pretty impressed that its nearly been a week and despite not moisturising or exfoliating as advised (lazy) it looks pretty ok to me. Then I tried lashes, which seemed to transform my rather piggy little eyes into "wide awake" eyes...however now 5 days on they are rather sparse and Im not hugely impressed with them as they were supposed to last 2 wks. It also feels like I have mascara on 24/7 and I HATE mascara. Next week before my baby shower no 2 at Mahiki I am again tanning, lashing and having my toes and nails done( my hands are so shaky I annoyingly cant do this myself) and will also be getting my hair dyed and cut...today I also did a secret thing which I shall not talk about (another first) beauty wise, suffice to say it looks VERY smart and I feel now very trendy and up with the times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment