Saturday 1 February 2014

30 yes THIRTY!!!! wks!!!!! Cucumber....in 3 sleeps....

this is my third  favourite number of weeks, they say after 30 wks B would have a FABULOUS chance of being well and healthy...Next will be 34 (pretty much then you are out of the woods as much as one can be) then the final magic number 37 A.K.A FULLY BAKED BEAR. We have passed the dreaded 8, 12, 20 and the first real magic 24 VIABLE. As the days go by I am more used to her presence which is odd as she is not here yet, but saying "oh my daughter Bella" etc doesn't feel at all weird anymore and the "third bedroom" is 100% now HER room. I think its really helped naming her so early on. I already know she will have a zillion names and forgive me if I have already posted before about this but you see our dogs Rufus and Tyler they have so many names, for eg Rufus has Roo, dizzy, baby one, dat dizzy, pissing one, leaky leak (I wont go into details other than to say his plumbing isn't the best) and Tyler has , fatty, Daddy, Dat, Dat daddy and the two of the are "dems". Already I have referred to Bella as B, Bella Bear, Bella Bean, princess B, the little one, littlest bear...

Im writing this early (friday at 29 +3) as on this day I have to go for my hospital tummy tests, hurrah so wont have time but I am looking forward to my baby shower on the saturday!!!

now 30 wks baby is as cool as a cucumber..


Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now and weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will shrink as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) Baby skin is getting smoother but her brain is getting wrinklier to make way for all that intelligence :)





looks like baby is starting to pad out a bit...I wonder how much she will weigh at her scan today? so average weight is 2.5-3.8lb hmmmmm Im guessing she will be at the larger end but who knows?! Im also hoping they can give us a vague stimate of her birth weight if she makes it to her planned birthday on 9 april.

No comments:

Post a Comment