Saturday 31 August 2013

Missing MY daddy...


I cant believe its been over 7yrs since we lost our  daddy bear....I think about him every day....I really feel he is looking down on us all and hopefully sending well wishes to babyCj.....He was a great Daddy-also sometimes a bit rubbish in some things but always loving and caring and gave the BEST cuddles, we would spend many an evening chatting about history and eating chocolate. He wasn't overly enamoured with babies but he adored his grandchildren and loved it when they could "do stuff', he was great at throwing them around the swimming pool...launching them off his shoulders like he did with all of us- my brothers and sister. He also used to play hide and seek where he would be "the monster" and chant "fee fie foe fum....." it was terrifying yet you always wanted MORE!! I always hid in the same place under my brothers bed but he would pretend to search for me for ages!


Here's him walking me down the aisle..I was shaking like a leaf- not about marrying Mr CJ but about being so "watched", so he was telling me about all the people who loved me who were there and pointed out all my nieces and nephews in the pews to make me less scared.... He said to me just before "How come you are so beautiful when you are MY daughter" so sweet!! and I look just like him!!! ha. We also used to watch father of the bride and he had once said how much he would hate the day I got married- so that morning I slipped him a note in his dressing gown pocket telling him Id always be his little bear xoxo

I wish he could be around now-He always had a solution for every problem-having said that I've coped better than I thought without his advice- Id love to be able to update him on everything! I think at first he would have been pretty wary but now I think he'd be 100% behind us....

No comments:

Post a Comment