Wednesday 30 October 2013

Grandpas Birthday

I've talked about him before and I will continue to talk about him, It was his birthday today and Im hoping he is rocking out in heaven. without him there is NO WAY we could have done this whole surrogacy, Its such a shame that we couldn't tell him all about it as he always wanted a girl in the family but I know he will be watching out for sure. So today Im going to share a few GRANDPA memories...

I never had a grandpa as both my mum and dad's fathers died before I was born. So I called him grandpa and he didn't seem to mind, when I met him I remember him saying I was very beautiful (bless!) and he gave me a big kiss, He like being kissed and hugged (a typical CJ!) He cooked a mean roast gammon too if I recall. He also let M and I have a go on his buggy which he found hilarious as we zoomed about. For our wedding he gave me his wife's pearls which was very moving, he was saving them for the first girl in the family but he wanted me to have them, I wore them on his funeral day. Baby CJ can wear them and she WILL be the first female CJ by birth for a while! Also I should mention If I haven't already earlier in this blog that my engagement ring diamond was one of 3 from Grandpa's wife's ring, M's mummy has one set in sapphires, and 1 each were for the boys wives to be, SO I got one and H got one.
Grandpa lived to the ripe old age of 96, which by any means is a good old age. He had a great life, lots of amazing adventures and today I got a couple of his military medals which I will box frame with a picture of him.


This is the CJ menfolk on my wedding day (yes my hubby and his brother had daft hair!)

No comments:

Post a Comment