Monday 28 October 2013

STORMY!!!

So last night we had a huge storm! That was not very fun...about 3am a piece of our neighbours scaffolding fell off and I literally jumped about 7ft in the air. Even Mr CJ was scared and he doesn't "do" scared at weather situations being a salty sea dog.  We lost power but now its back HURRAH...It wasn't quite as bad as they had predicted, I had images of my precious family home that was trashed in Essex back in 1987....but scary nonetheless. I think I checked on the dogs about 6 times, Tyler was freaking out and Roo was so unbothered... This sums them up to a tee.



Today I "surveyed the grounds" with my father's stick, very much channeling the old bear, In my pink dressing gown and Ugg boots....Just like he would have done except he would have had his blue dressing gown on and wellies,  I felt a bit like Gandalf with his staff and that I should have been up on "the hill" shouting "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" at the storm as it approached.





No comments:

Post a Comment