Monday 16 September 2013

Harry Dog... A sad sad day

....got an email from my mother this morning to say our beloved Harry has gone to doggy heaven. He had a great great life after being taken in by my parents after he wasn't "pretty enough" for his show-dog family. He had wonky bottom front teeth(which was actually really endearing) but other than that he was perfection, He dined in all the finest beach restaurants in portugal and was given as much love as a dog could be given.
When I would stay in portugal and we would go for walks on the beach he would always stop and turn around when I was slower and make sure I wasn't being left behind. CJ and I loved taking him for sunset strolls in his later years and collecting shells.
He was a great companion to my father whilst he had cancer, they used to snuggle up together and in some of his last hours we actually sneaked him through the window onto daddies' bed so he could say goodbye. He just lay there nuzzled in gently and we placed daddies hand on his sweet fur. I know he helped my mother in the days after he died immensely. They did a walk together for the prostate cancer charity.

We discovered he could "sing" when my father made a "hunting call" when he couldn't find Harry one day and he answered back!!! You could "howl" and he would copy you. I am really trying to get Roo to do this as he howls at sirens etc...It would be great if he howled back at US!!! Tyler is Harry's nephew so he lives on in dear old Tyler now..He too is getting old mind you at nearly ten...




RIP Harry Dog AKA The Snuggly dog, cat chaser and gecko hunter supreme...I use the term gecko hunter loosely as I don't believe he ever caught one...despite his valiant efforts at his "gecko bush"

No comments:

Post a Comment