Sunday 22 September 2013

Why R is doing this :) - By R Herself


When I was younger I saw an article on being a surrogate. I thought, man that sounds pretty cool. So once I had my first child, it was very apparent then that I had to give someone else the most incredible gift of life. The unconditional love of a child.
My hopes for surrogacy is to make a loving couple the happiest couple on earth. There really are no words to explain what it is like to become a parent for the first time. Life as you knew it, will be no longer, its not bad, just very different. Very rewarding, and sometimes very trying. But still worthwhile.
While going through the matching process and trying to choose the right couple for me, wasn't that easy. You speak to many people and they are all deserving of the greatest gift. G and M had gone through a lot to get to this point, there was something about them. I just wanted all of their pain to be gone and try and give them a little light at the end of the tunnel.
My journey so far, seems to be very long. All the waiting for everything to match up perfectly. The meds to finally work the way they were/are suppose to. At first I really didn't this isn't going to work, I was feeling a little defeated, it felt like every time I went to the doctor, there was something else. But after many weeks of medications, trials and tribulations, the transfer happened, then waiting for one of the most important phone calls of my life, yes you are indeed pregnant. I felt a sense of relief and thankfulness, that it took first time around, but knew we were not out of the woods. At about 6 weeks, I started to bleed, very terrifying and scared. Baby was/is ok as I am now 10 weeks pregnant. I really cannot complain on how I am feeling, I have only had the occasional day of feeling nauseous. I hope once we get to the 12 week mark, it will be smooth sailing till delivery.
The only thing thus far I am missing, is Sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment