Saturday 7 September 2013

MY HERO-TO BE? Dr Harvey Karp

This man is totally amazeballs, just watched the dvd "the happiest baby on the block" and WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_64-LbhT3M

He seems to be a magician baby whisperer!! Working on the basis that life in the womb is noisy/jiggly and compact he works on the 5 S's. Swaddling, Side, Shushing, Swinging and then Sucking.

He says imagine the first 3 months of the baby's life is like the "4th trimester". They really are foetuses' for the first 3 months.

I have a confession I sleep with a fan whirring every night summer or winter and this is because its comforting, Wayne Rooney sleeps with a recording of a hoover on. Not that I really like comparing myself to him... Its comforting because thats what its like in the womb!!

Harvey is a board certified Paediatrician not some random styling themselves as a baby whisperer.


Another couple of things I will most definitely be doing is baby massage and also cranial osteopathy, In fact as soon as Baby CJ is back in the UK, she will be going for a check up at my chiropractor who does newborn baby checks free for charity. Cranial osteopathy can really help a baby when they have colic especially if you have had forceps delivery.

Oh and also "Little Dippers" My best friend is doing this with her son and they have a whale of a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment