Saturday 21 September 2013

In the name of religion..

I am FED UP of people in this world using RELIGION as an EXCUSE to kill each other...when does this end...What kind of world will we be bringing our daughter into? I know evil has always existed in some shape or form and we have been killing each other in the name of religion for as long as we have existed on this earth nearly. Seeing the news this evening from Nairobi just sickens me...Recite a Islamic prayer and you live? what the heck?? I am not opposed to anyone believing in what the hell they want, just don't rub it in my face and don't you dare threaten to hurt me or my loved ones. Im sick to death of it all, you bomb me so I'll bomb you, to be honest the attitude SUCKS.
I wouldn't live in an Arab country if you paid me a small fortune. In fact we WERE offered a small fortune once for hubby's work. Sorry maybe thats controversial but its just way to volatile at the moment. I would dearly dearly love to see the pyramids and all that jazz in Egypt but I really wonder if we will ever get to go. We visited Marrakech in april, I have never felt so intimidated since I was spat in the face by a man in the Arab quarter in Jerusalem in 1998 ( and YES I was respectfully dressed) and called a "blue eyed western bi*ch..." We stayed in a riad in the city centre and whilst I really wanted to not be a terrified tourist and explore the city to the max, I have to be honest and say every time we were back from "going beyond the wall" (you hear me Game of Thrones fans) I was mighty relieved. Don't get me wrong some people, as in all countries were friendly and pleasant and the call to prayer in the evenings was a soothing  and quite beautiful sound , but the overall tone of Marrakech was very very hostile. Even with my husband and us both being covered as we should at times I was pretty scared. We were stared at, hissed at and even grabbed at.  I am no racist and I have a friend who is Muslim and I know Islam is a PEACEFUL religion at heart, but there are way to many people twisting this religion with a hatred so bright for the western world right now that its terrifying...NOT that we (us and the Americans) help ourselves getting involved in everyones business, starting or joining in in totally unnecessary wars.

 The main square...my least favourite place
 Beautiful rose fields outside the city used in essential oils...stunning
Even tried shisha......

No comments:

Post a Comment